- A healthy way to cook tofu
- How to Clean Fruits & Vegetables With Vinegar
- How to blanch rhubarb
- How to eat raw nopalito
- How to cook a wax turnip
Spinach is rich in vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A and C, folic acid, calcium, magnesium and iron. According to MayoClinic. en, eating spinach helps strengthen your immune system and supports the health of your skin and hair. However, spinach does contain oxalic acid which causes a lingering bitter taste that can overwhelm a tasty dish.
Choose some spinach
Avoid the larger, darker leaves of spinach leaves as they have a more bitter taste than new spinach. The young spinach leaves are tender and slightly sweet. Young spinach leaves usually have an attached stem that can have a bitter or metallic taste. Cut each stem off the small spinach, or tear them off while washing the leaves.
Avoid over cooking
Be careful not to overcook the spinach, regardless of the method. Remove the spinach from the heat as soon as the leaves begin to wilt. The heat will continue to cook the leaves after transferring them to the plate, causing the leaves that still appear raw to wilt. If the spinach is cooked longer, the leaves become slippery and the bitter taste is more pronounced. Don’t reheat cooked spinach after refrigerating it, either. This causes the leaves to overcook and creates a stronger bitter taste than when freshly cooked. Eat the cold leftover spinach or toss in hot fresh pasta to warm it slightly.
Add some spices; just enough to hide the bitter taste of spinach. One of the healthiest and simplest ways to cover it is through citrus. Choose from lemon, lime and orange, depending on the taste of the dish. Drizzle fresh juice over the leaves as soon as they’re done cooking. Toss the leaves with a bit of zest from the peel if the juice isn’t a strong enough flavor. Alternatively, add crushed garlic or grated ginger root to the spinach.
If you are going to use spinach in your salad or for any other reason you don’t have to let the leaves wilt, blanch them to get rid of the bitterness. Blanching is the process of immersing food in boiling water and then pouring it into a bowl of ice water. A 15-second bath in boiling water is sufficient. To remove them from the boiling water as soon as they’re done, keep the spinach leaves in a strainer for the whole process. Frosty water prevents the spinach from cooking, preventing the leaves from wilting. Adding a little vinegar to boiling water prevents the spinach from browning. The vinegar flavor will dissolve when the leaves are removed from the ice water.
Easy Fried Spinach! The best way to cook delicious fresh spinach with olive oil and garlic.
Elise founded Simply Recipes in 2003 and ran the site until 2019. She holds a Masters in Food Research from Stanford University.
Popeye was the best thing to ever hit the spinach industry. When I was a kid you couldn’t pay me to eat beans or peas but spinach? I was begging him; we all did it.
Especially if it comes from a can.
We wanted to be as cool as Popeye who could bring Bluto to Kingdom A simply by drinking the can of spinach that always came comfortably in Popeye’s mouth when his situation was more difficult.
Our parents worked hard to convince us that freshly cooked spinach is just as good, if not better, than canned food.
How to cook spinach
My dad makes spinach this way at least once or twice a week, usually from fresh spinach at the market. According to my dad, he overcooked it for years, until he found out that spinach shouldn’t be cooked to the point it just wilted.
Spinach releases a lot of water during cooking, so my father’s trick is to drain and dry the spinach leaves as well as possible, using a salad spinner if necessary, before cooking them.
Then sauté some garlic in olive oil in a large, wide pan and add the cleaned, drained and dried spinach leaves to the pan. Wrap the pan with the spinach, cover and cook for just a minute or two.
Posted on Last update: March 15, 2021 Author: Author Renee Groskreutz
Learning to fry spinach is one of the easiest things a new chef can learn. However, it will also be quite shocking to see what happens the first time you do this. Once cooked, the spinach shrinks at an amazing speed. You can expect the spinach to be reduced by at least 50% when frying.
Tips for frying spinach
A lot of spinach makes some spinach – When filling a pan with raw spinach, it’s easy to think you have too much spinach. This is by no means proof. From a saucepan full of raw spinach, you will only get half a cup of spinach at the most.
Always wash and dry fresh spinach – Spinach has a habit of trapping dirt. You want to completely wash and dry it so that you don’t end up with gritty particles in your dish. Washing spinach properly can take some time, but it’s worth it.
Fry the spinach in a suitable pan – Spinach is best fried in a pan with high, rounded edges. The rounded sides will help you mix the spinach in the pan. The high sides will help keep the spinach clean.
Party work – Since spinach shrinks quickly after cooking, it is best to serve it in batches. Fill the pan with about ¾ of full spinach and bring to a boil. Add more spinach as there is more space.
[content_upgrade cu_id = ”9468 ″] Get the sauteed spinach recipe by email! [content_upgrade_button] Click here [/ content_upgrade_button] [/ content_upgrade]
How to wash fresh spinach
- Working in small batches, place the colander in the sink. Add small pieces of spinach and then pour cold water over the spinach.
- Use your hands to wash the spinach and make sure each leaf is rinsed.
- Using your hands, remove the leaves from a colander and lay them on a clean towel or rolled up absorbent paper.
- Repeat this process until all the spinach has been washed.
- Dry the spinach leaves or air dry them.
[content_upgrade cu_id = ”9468 ″] Receive a fried spinach recipe by email! [content_upgrade_button] Click here [/ content_upgrade_button] [/ content_upgrade]
Sauteed Spinach – super quick and easy healthy supplements that go well with most proteins. A good way to eat more vegetables without noticing!
Spinach is part of my daily life. Perhaps, it’s my go-to healthy sides especially during times when I don’t want to think hard on what to have for dinner. And it’s absolutely family-approved, too.
Is fried spinach good for you?
This came as a shock to me, but it turns out that fried or cooked spinach is healthier than raw spinach. Surprised? After some digging online, I read that raw spinach has oxalic acid which interferes our body’s ability to absorb essential nutrients like calcium and iron.Oxalic acidinstead, it binds to them, making it harder for our body to consume the nutrients.
The good news is that oxalic acid breaks down when heated or cooked. But there’s no reason to shun raw spinach just because it contains oxalic acid. Raw spinach is still packed with many nutrients that may only be available when eaten raw.
On the other hand, consuming cooked spinach will allow you to absorb higher levels of vitamins A and E, protein, fiber, thiamin, zinc, calcium, iron, and important carotenoids such as beta-carotene and more.
How to make fried spinach non-bitter?
One of the most common home cook mistakes is overcooking spinach as a completely different stew than stir-fry. When the spinach is wilted, immediately remove it from the heat. Leaving the spinach on the stove for a long time will make the leaves slimy and the bitter taste more pronounced. And if possible, avoid using larger, darker spinach leaves as they are more bitter than baby spinach.
Can Fried Spinach Be Reheated?
Fried spinach is always great when freshly cooked. I haven’t even tried reheating them, as far as I can remember, since they happen to be all gone in minutes after they’re served. 😉 Buuuut… countless online publications have ranked spinach as one of the food that should never be reheated. Heating them can make the nitrate content toxic and release carcinogenic properties known to cause cancer. So that’s a big NO NO if you’d ask me.
Recipes for serving with fried spinach
This vegetable is very versatile and can be served in addition to any type of meat protein. Here are just some of the dishes you can serve it with:
Rib roastwith a nice brown crispy crust on the outside.
Roasted Pork Filletit’s super juicy and tender with amazing flavors.
Marinated steak on the grilland all the other steaks
Roasted whole cajun chickenwith minimal preparation times, but how aromatic and juicy
And I could go on and on with that list above. These fried garlic spinach is a really great hassle-free choice. In just 10 minutes from preparation to cooking, you can serve it for dinner, even every day. 😉 Fast, super easy and packed with tons of nutrients. What’s not to love?
I’m a big fan of the spinach artichoke dip. This dish is basically the same recipe as the classic sauce, but with noodles. What could be better ?!
Technical advice:Boil the pasta for a few minutes less than the instructions on the package as it will continue to sauté in the pan.
Exchange option: You can do this in advance and put it in a baking dish and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes before serving.
- 1 pound of rigatoni (or any short pasta)
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pinch of chopped red pepper flakes
- 1 package (10 ounces) of frozen, cooked and drained spinach
- 1 jar (4 ounces) of artichoke heart, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1½ cup chopped mozzarella
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Boil the water in a large pot. Season with plenty of salt.
3. Add the pasta. Cook for a few minutes less than the instructions on the package. Reserve 2½ cups of water for the pasta. Outflow.
4. Combine the oil and garlic in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Fry for 1 minute. Add the chopped chilli. Aggiungere gli spinach e i carciofi. Sauté for a few minutes, season with basil, salt and pepper. Add 3/4 cup of water to the pasta. Add the cream cheese until it melts.
5. Add the pasta and 1/2 cup of water to the pasta in the pan. Switch to connection. If it is too thick, add more water.
6. Switch off the heating. Add the Parmesan. Sprinkle with mozzarella and place under the grill for 2-3 minutes until bubbly and golden.
Sure, vitamin-rich spinach tastes great raw, but we also love cooking fresh spinach. It’s delicious fried, boiled, steamed, or topped with cream. Find out how to prepare spinach in different ways here. We’ll also share some great spinach recipes, including an easy sautéed spinach recipe.
Spinach is a healthy green leaf rich in nutrients and vitamins. It’s delicious raw in your favorite smoothies and salads. And while cooked spinach may look like a shriveled mush, it doesn’t have to be. In fact, well-cooked spinach is a delicious addition to your favorite meals. In general, spinach is best cooked on the stove. Frying spinach is a particularly quick and easy way to cook spinach, which also evaporates excess moisture from the leaves. You can also cook or steam spinach in minutes.
How to cook spinach freschi
Before you start cooking spinach, you’ll want to work with about 1 pound of spinach at a time (it should be about 12 torn cups). It may seem like a lot, but it cooks at a much smaller volume. Wash and dry the spinach thoroughly. Remove the stems and, if desired, cut the leaves into pieces. If you’re using baby spinach, the stems generally do not need to be removed, as they’re more tender. You also likely won’t need to tear the leaves into pieces, because they’re already smaller. If you’re using pre-shrunk baby spinach sold in bags in the product aisle, you can skip the wash. Any of the following three cooking methods for spinach will give you 4 servings of appetizers.
How to fry spinach
Here’s how to cook spinach on the stove, starting with our easy fried spinach recipe.
- Heat about 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet ($40, Bed Bath & Beyond) over medium heat. Add 8 to 12 cups of wrapped spinach and remove large stems.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Mix salt, pepper and (if desired) balsamic vinegar or other spices to taste. If you want to decorate the side dish, garnish with crispy, cooked pieces of bacon.
How to cook spinach
To cook fresh spinach in boiling water, place 1 pound of washed, covered, spinach in a little boiling salted water. If you are wondering how long to cook spinach, it should only take a few minutes. When the steam begins to foam, start the timer. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Try using cooked spinach in our creamy spinach recipe.
How to cook spinach al vapore
To steam fresh spinach on a stove top, add water to a pot equipped with a steamer basket ($ 20, purpose). Steam 1 pound of spinach. Once the water boils, cook the spinach for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
How to cook spinach w puszkach
Store-bought canned spinach is fully cooked. To cook, simply place the spinach along with the canned liquid in a saucepan and cook until hot. Drain and serve. You can optionally add some butter and season with salt and pepper (although try spinach first, as many canned foods already contain a lot of sodium).
How to whip spinach
For a creamy side dish, you can easily flavor by adding a little butter and cream to the cooked spinach. For full instructions, see our simple recipe for creamed spinach.
The bestfried spinach! In less than 10 minutes you can turn a large bunch of spinach into wilted, garlic-like, aromatic leaves. It makes for the perfect side dish and it’s welcomed as a “super greens” addition in all sorts of meals and recipes.
Fried spinach is one of my favorite side dishes. It’s incredibly easy to make, and nutrient-packed! And when you add minced garlic, a drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt it becomes this delicate, savory side dish that’s also extremely versatile.
If you’re a spinach lover like me, you’re likely a pro at adding it to recipes. You can slip it into a green smoothie, bake it in an artichoke spinach sauce, make a base for a cranberry spinach salad, or make egg muffins. But don’t forget to enjoy it on it’s own, by quickly sautéing it in a pan. It’s the perfect side dish that’ll spruce up your favorite weeknight dinner recipes.
The amazing benefits of spinach
Popeye was definitely interested in something! These tiny leaves are a nutritional powerhouse that offers tons of health benefits.
- Loaded with nutrients.Contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Folic Acid, Iron, Calcium, and more.
- Strong anti-inflammatory effect. That’s why spinach is one of my favorite anti-inflammatory foods! It’s rich in antioxidants and alkalizing to the body.
- Great for eye, heart and muscle health.It is all thanks to the numerous vitamins and minerals.
Fried spinach ingredients
Let’s create for this recipegarlic oilto cover the spinach and help it wilt.
- Young spinach:You can use bunches of fresh spinach or packets of pre-washed baby spinach.
- Olive oil:My goal is to sprinkle with olive oil, but you can also substitute a tablespoon of oil with butter or ghee for a buttery flavor.
- Garlic: I’m using 3 garlic cloves for just the right amount of garlicky goodness. But feel free to use more or less!
- Salt and pepper:A little spice binds all tastes.
Find a printable recipe with your measurements below.
Make sure to give your leaves a good wash if you’re using a fresh bundle. But if you’re using it straight out of the box, there’s no need to re-wash.
- Fry the garlic. Drizzle a little oil on the pan and sauté the garlic for about 30 seconds. Just be careful not to overcook the garlic.
- Fry the spinach. Użyj szczypiec, aby obrócić spinach, tak aby wszystkie boki były pokryte olejem i czosnkiem. Then cover the pan, let it steam for about a minute, then stir again. It should wilt completely after a few minutes.
- Season and serve.Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then serve with some tasty options listed below!
Answers to some questions
- Dlaczego spinach tak bardzo się kurczy?spinach contains about 90% water, causing it to wilt down as it cooks. So when you think you’re cooking up a large batch, keep remember that it will reduce drastically in size!
- Czy spinach niemowlęcy w pudełku czy świeży spinach w pęczkach jest lepszy? Both are great for frying. But if you want larger leaves for an appetizer, fresh packets are a better choice. Just be sure to cut the stems before cooking.
- Czy możesz użyć mrożonego spinachu? Podczas gdy ja osobiście wolę świeży spinach, z pewnością możesz użyć mrożonego w szczypcie. Just thaw and dry well before frying.
Spruce Up Your Fryedspinach
Garlic is the staple food when it comes to cooking leafy vegetables. But here’s a few ways to incorporate different flavors and textures.
- Season it.Add chili flakes or diced red pepper.
- Make it spicy.Squeeze the lemon juice when it wilts and mix.
- Strengthen it. Fry it with small bacon pieces, chopped onions, bell peppers, or mushrooms.
- Add add-ons.Sprinkle with grated Parmesan or toasted pine nuts.
Ways To Serve Or Use Fryedspinach
- To serve as an easy site.It tastes great with roasted chicken breast, any chicken leg recipe, ribs or seafood like garlic butter shrimp or roasted Dijon salmon.
- Apply on a warm base. This makes an easy and spicy addition to a soda bowl of oatmeal. Or a bowl of cereal with roasted sweet potatoes, roasted broccoli, and a poached egg.
- Sneak into the rules.As small as it gets when cooked, it’s great for sneaking into recipes like my green shakshouka, chicken and rice in a pan, zucchini noodles with chicken and parmesan, and more!
Storage and heating
While it’s best served fresh, you can also store and reheat leftovers.
- A przechowywać resztki.Keep them in an airtight container and put them in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- A odgrzać smażony spinach.Microwave it for 30 seconds or until hot.
More Fryed Recipes
Quick and easy dinners during the week are more fried recipes. It’s such a quick-cooking method!
Fryedspinach Recipe Video
While this recipe is easy to make, a short video is always worth watching!
If you make this recipe, let me know how it turned out!I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
Posted January 8, 2020
Dowiedz się, jak gotować spinach przy użyciu trzech różnych metod: gotowania na parze, smażenia i blanszowania. Either way, this nutrient-rich green leafy vegetable is cooked in minutes as a quick additive or versatile ingredient.
Spinach is a staple in the kitchen as they’re easy to cook fresh or frozen. These leafy greens are a popular ingredient in salads and side dishes. Their flavor is mild, so they pair well with other products, providing health benefits with any meal. It’s a fantastic addition to omelets, scrambles, lasagnas, and quiches.
Do wyboru jest kilka różnych rodzajów spinachu. Najpopularniejszym jest spinach niemowlęcy, który jest zwykle spożywany na surowo, ale dobrze komponuje się z delikatnym gotowaniem. The larger, firmer flat leaf or curly leaf tastes better when heated. Istnieją trzy podstawowe sposoby gotowania świeżego spinachu, w zależności od pożądanego smaku, konsystencji i zastosowania.
How to cook spinach
- Steamingleaves soften and wilt quickly with no need for seasoning until cooked.
- Blanchit immediately cooks the leaves in seconds and is often used as an intermediate step in a dish.
- fryinguses dry heat to create surface flavor and uses other flavors.
Steaming spinach in a hot moist-heat environment allows large batches to be cooked in under 2 minutes. Steam production requires a minimal amount of water compared to scalding. This process helps maintain the light green color while softening the greens.
Ugotowany spinach można następnie po prostu doprawić solą i pieprzem. Squeezing some lemon juice or balsamic vinegar can relieve bitterness. Avoid adding directly in the pan depending on the type of cookware you’re using.
Blanch the spinach leaves in a large pot of salted hot water quickly wilts the greens in under a minute. It’s great for cooking multiple leaves quickly. Be sure to remove from heat quickly and cool under running cold water to stop the cooking process.
Squeeze out excess liquid to prevent it from getting wet or turning into a muddy green hue. Tę metodę wykorzystuję podczas robienia kremowego spinachu.
Start by heating the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. The fat will help brown the leaves, brown them a little, and quickly develop a flavor. During this time, you can add other flavors and spices to the oil, such as garlic, onion, pepper or chopped red pepper and let it cook for a short time.
Dodaj garść spinachu na raz, mieszając, aż zwiędnie, a następnie dodaj resztę liści. This process will take several minutes. When adding cooked spinach to something such as stuffed shells or a dip, it’s best to cook out as much water as possible, making sauteing the ideal option.
Większe, podobne do spinachu, płaskie liście mają twardszą i bardziej rozpowszechnioną łodygę, zwłaszcza gdy są sprzedawane w pęczkach. It can be easily removed in two ways. Use a knife to cut the stems, or you can hold a leaf in one hand and peel and slice the other with the other.
It’s important to thoroughly wash spinach, specifically flat-leaf that’s freshly picked and contains a lot of dirt and debris. Plunge the leaves into a large bowl of cold water, swish around, and change out the water if needed if there’s a lot of sand or dirt.
Jeśli chodzi o wstępnie umyty spinach, nadal lubię spłukiwać liście wodą przez kilka minut w durszlaku, aby zmniejszyć wszelkie szkodliwe bakterie, które mogą czaić się w szczelinach liści. Asciugateli in una centrifuga per insalata, soprattutto durante la frying.
Choice and application
Większość odmian spinachu ma żywy zielony kolor z chrupiącymi łodygami. The leaves should appear fresh and not wilted, which means the leaves have undergone flowering. Młody spinach i przycięte płaskie liście dobrze sprawdzają się jako koktajle, sałatki i do gotowania. Gli spinach a foglia riccia sono i migliori per friggere, sbollentare o cuocere al vapore. Check the expiration date on any package, if available.
Przechowuj spinach dziecięcy lub ołów kędzierzawy w oryginalnym opakowaniu (plastikowa torebka lub pudełko), aby zachować świeżość. Przechowuj nieumyty spinach o płaskich liściach, w suchej plastikowej, niezamkniętej torbie. Gdy spinach zacznie żółknąć lub stać się brązowy i papkowaty, wyrzuć go. Depending on the variety, this may take between one and two weeks.
Fresh frozen freezing
Mrożony spinach to wygodny sposób na dodanie warzyw do posiłków. 9 uncji (255 gramów) mrożonych liści spinachu daje około 3/4 do 1 szklanki po podgrzaniu w kuchence mikrofalowej, kuchence lub rozmrożeniu do zimnej bieżącej wody w durszlaku.
Można to zastąpić około 6 filiżankami (8 uncji) świeżych liści spinachu. Be sure to drain excess water before use. The leaves are quite chopped, so it’s best used for sauces, egg dishes, pasta recipes, soups, and stews.
Przepisy ze spinachiem
- Spinach Cream With Yogurt
- Breakfast ham
Gli spinach contengono circa il 90% di acqua, quindi perdono un volume enorme una volta cotti. Depending on the leaf size, variety, if chopped, and how it’s packed into the cup will slightly differ the yield. Jeden funt (16 uncji) lub około 12 filiżanek zapakowanego świeżego spinachu więdnie do około 1 1/2 do 2 filiżanek ugotowanego. Około 28 gramów spinachu dla niemowląt to ¾ kubków pakowanych przed gotowaniem.
Pin this recipe to save for later