This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my statement for more information.
This restaurant in the style of?Chinese fried rice recipe it’s the best ever! It tastes even better than take away and is ready to eat in just 15 minutes! Read on to find out how to make homemade fried rice with this simple and classic recipe.
We recommend adding this simple fried rice recipe to your regular dinner rotation because it’s super flavorful and ready to eat in minutes. It is a quick meal as it not only cooks quickly but also requires very little preparation. You probably already have most of the ingredients on hand in your kitchen.
I bet you can make this dish in less time than it would take to go. Plus, with such fantastic flavor and the fact that you know exactly what’s going into it, who needs takeout anyway? Now you can ditch these takeaway menus and prepare the perfect fried rice in the comfort of your own kitchen.
Tips for making fried rice
Here are some important things I’ve learned over the years about how to make the best fried rice:
- Use cold cooked rice: The key to great Chinese fried rice is the use of leftover cold rice. This is because chilled (preferably day-old) rice will separate nicely and won’t clump together in the pan. A batch of freshly cooked hot rice will not fry well when placed in a hot pan and will create soft lumps.
- Use long grain white rice: È soffice e non appiccicoso e i singoli grani rimangono croccanti e sodi. I believe jasmine or basmati rice provides the best texture, aroma and flavor.
- Use butter: Japanese steakhouses use a big pat of butter when they’re making fried rice for good reason. Using butter (instead of oil) makes the rice golden perfectly and makes everything much tastier.
- Use a wok or large skillet: You want to use a pan that is large for the amount of rice and other ingredients you use. As a result, the ingredients in the pan heat up quickly and evenly. It also gives you plenty of room to put everything together without dropping anything from the pan.
Ingredients for Chinese fried rice
Okay, let’s talk ingredients. To prepare this homemade fried rice recipe you will need:
- Cooked and cold rice: Make sure the rice has been cooked in advance and thoroughly refrigerated in a closed container. As I said earlier, freshly cooked rice will not do well in this recipe.
- Onions, carrots, peas and chives:This is the basic vegetable mix I always use for fried rice, but you can substitute it with any other stir-frying vegetables you have on hand.
- Garlic and ginger:Always use freshly ground / grated for better flavor.
- Egg: They add a good dose of protein, as well as flavor and texture. Whenever possible, you should use organic pasture-raised eggs for maximum health benefits.
- Soy sauce: It is essentially gluten-free soy sauce. I recommend that you always buy high quality organic tamari and soy sauce. Soybeans are one of the top GMO and pesticide-laden crops, so it’s worth spending the extra money on organic.
- Sriracha:This hot sauce adds a lot of heat without overpowering the other flavors on the dish.
- Butter: Again, butter makes things better. If you can, I recommend using grass-fed butter.
How to make homemade fried rice?
This recipe is prepared in stages so that everything is cooked to perfection. To make a homemade fried rice recipe you just need:
- Boil the eggs: Start by ovulating the eggs in butter, then set them aside once cooked. This is done so that they don’t overcook while the rest of the ingredients are in the pan.
- Fry the vegetables:Then cook the vegetables and herbs on the last piece of butter until tender.
- Stir-fry the rice & sauces:Then add the rice, tamari and sriracha and fry the mixture for a few minutes to combine all the flavors.
- Add the eggs & garnish:Finally add the eggs, sprinkle the sliced green onions and it’s ready!
Chinese varieties of fried rice
There are so many ways to make fried rice, so feel free to experiment with the other ingredients you have on hand. Here are some ideas:
- Fried Tofu Rice: Drain a packet of hard tofu and cut it into cubes. Fry in a pan, then mix with rice.
- Pineapple Fried Rice: Canned or fresh pineapple can be traditional in Chinese or Thai fried rice. Just cut it into cubes and mix to combine.
- Fried Rice Kimchi: Kimchi adds an amazing flavor to fried rice. Just chop it up and add it to the fried rice.
- Fried Rice With Chicken: In a pan, cook some chicken breasts. Then chop or dice and add to the fried rice. Use leftovers or rotisserie chicken as an abbreviation.
- Fried rice with shrimp:In a pan, fry half a kilo of peeled and raw prawns and mix them with the fried rice.
- Pork with fried rice:Boil the boneless pork chop in a pan, cut it into cubes and add it to the rice.
- Beef Fried Rice:Fry a steak or brown the ground beef in a pan, then crumble or dice it and add it to the fried rice.
Other takeaway recipes to try
Here are some of my favorite take-away-inspired recipes on the blog:
For this Chinese fried rice recipe I recommend:
Finally, some tools to make the preparation of the ingredients of this recipe a breeze:
- Ultra Chef Express chopper – This is one of my most used kitchen utensils. I always use mine to cut vegetables quickly. I especially like using it for slicing onions because it saves me from all my tears!
- OXO stainless steel scraper – I bought a counter scraper after seeing them used in my favorite cooking shows. This is a VERY useful tool for scraping and transferring chopped food from the cutting board to the pan.
If you make this easy Chinese fried rice recipe, let me know! Leave a star rating ★ review below because I love hearing from you! ♡.
Rice smażony był podstawowym składnikiem kuchni już od czasów dynastii Sui (589–618 n. e.) w Chinach. The main reason for this dish’s continued popularity and ubiquity comes down to two things: its adaptability and the fact that people almost always cook too much rice.
Fried rice is a quick and delicious way to turn leftovers into something delicious! Although sometimes we think that some ingredients are typical (eggs, garlic), to fry the rice, heat, rice and oil are enough. Everything you add is up to you. Before making a batch, though, read our tips for making fried rice.
Sesame oil > any other oil.
How do you buy sesame oil (yes, it is necessaryother oil), we recommend that you use it in everything. It has a rich, toasted, nutty flavor. But beware: a little will go far.
Cold, leftover rice is key.
The reason so many fried rice recipes need leftover rice: Dried cold rice is much crispier in a pan than freshly cooked. If you like fried rice and don’t want to wait for it to cool in the refrigerator, spread the freshly cooked rice on a baking sheet and freeze it for 10-15 minutes.
Do I have to ovulate the eggs separately or can I do it all in one pan?
You can start cooking the rice completely by boiling the vegetables and then pushing them to one side of the pan and breaking the eggs and ovulating. But be careful. This way the eggs can overcook easily.
Che other sapore ha il riso fritto?
In addition to sesame oil, mix with minced garlic, soy sauce and ginger.
Czy mogę dodać other składniki?
Absolutely! As we said, fried rice is infinitely flexible. Fry some bacon and add the kimchi and you get the unreal Bacon Kimchi Fried Rice. Or add diced pineapple for a sweet twist on a classic.
You did? Let us know how it went in the comments section below!
Editor’s Note: This introduction to this recipe was updated on 7/21/20 to include more information about the dish. The title of the recipe has also been changed.
This is a classic Chinese fried rice with egg (蛋炒饭) recipe, prepared in the style of a Chinese restaurant, but in the comfort of your own home. This is a quick and easy fried rice dish that is extremely easy to prepare. 2 eggs, a little onion and some light spices are enough. It is also great as a simple meal.
The important thing is that the rice is cooked, cooled and free of lumps so that it does not stick during frying. Of course, this is also a great way to consume leftover rice.
Great fried rice should have individual grains of rice that barely clump together when harvested. It should have a characteristic and slightly chewy texture. This simple Chinese egg fried rice dish is deep-fried to this level of perfection.
Chinese fried rice with egg 蛋炒饭
The rice needs to be lightly tossed in the wok, for every grain of rice to be fried and infused with a good ‘wok hei’ taste. After lightly seasoned with salt, ground white pepper and light soy sauce, the rice is mixed with soft scrambled eggs. For best results, this dish uses a carbon steel wok for frying as it really brings out the “wok” aftertaste that is the signature aroma of any Chinese fried rice. This tastes just like what you’ll get at your favourite Chinese restaurant.
This Plain Fried Rice recipe from Yan-Kit’s Classic Chinese Cookbook is a staple recipe for any Chinese cookery. Serve with a variety of Chinese main courses.
Yes you heard me, Plain Fried rice, Its other way to turn left over rice into an appealing dish
When cooked rice is fried with an egg but without meat or seafood, it is called plain fried rice and often has more appeal than boiled rice for those who are not used to eating rice as a staple when frying it adds lots of flavor and aroma.
|400 g (14 oz)||boiled rice, cooked at least 3-4 hours earlier|
|30 ml (2 tablespoons)||peanut or corn oil|
|2||spring onions, cut into rings, with the white and green parts separated|
|1||one large egg, lightly beaten with 10 ml (2 teaspoons) of oil and 1.25 ml (1/4 teaspoon) of salt|
|1.25 ml (1⁄4 tsp)||salt or to taste|
|10 ml (2 tsp)||thick soy sauce|
|30 ml (2 tablespoons)||clean warehouse (optional)|
1 Loosen the rice grains as much as possible.
2 Heat the wok over high heat until it starts to smoke. Add the oil and turn. Add the white onions, mix a couple of times and then pour in the egg. Wait 5-10 seconds for the egg to settle on the bottom but remain watery on the surface.
3 Add the rice. Moving a wok spoon or metal spatula to the bottom of the wok, turn and stir continuously for 3-4 minutes or until completely hot. Season with salt and soy sauce. If the rice is very hard, add the broth and stir for a few more seconds. Add a green balloon. Place in a hot bowl and serve immediately.
It serves 6 people
400 g of beef tenderloin(from the tail of the fillet, cut into bite-sized pieces)
1 teaspoon of dark soy sauce(preferably mushroom flavored)
1 teaspoon of cornstarch
1 tablespoon of hot water
1½ tablespoon plain or light soy sauce
2 teaspoons of dark soy sauce
freshly ground white pepper
5 cups cooked short grain rice(preferably leftover rice)
3 tablespoons of rapeseed oil(divided)
1 medium onion(diced)
2 green onions(chopped)
1 cup of cooked peas
4 tablespoons of red pepper flakes(crushed)
2 teaspoons of five-spice powder
3 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
1 teaspoon of ground Sichuan pepper
1 whole anise
1 szklanka oleju roślothergo
1 piece of ginger(finely sliced)
Copied to clipboard
Facendo clic su "Accetta", acconsenti al nostro utilizzo di cookie e tecnologie simili.
Choosing the right non-stick rice
Isabelle Rozenbaum / Getty Images
Fried rice is most delicious when it is fluffy and not too sticky. It should have distinct and single grains. Here are some tips to help you make fried rice that’s as good as it gets at your favorite restaurant.
The best rice for fried rice
Long grain white rice is perfect for fried rice. È soffice e non appiccicoso e i singoli grani rimangono sodi e chiari. These are two starch molecules: amylose and amylopectin. It is amylopectin that makes rice stickier, as rice science states that the molecule is highly branched. Biały ryż długoziarnisty zawiera znacznie większą ilość amylozy (19 do 23 procent, według USA Rice Federation) i mniej amylopektyny niż other rodzaje ryżu. In comparison, sticky rice, also known as sticky rice, is rich in amylopectin and contains up to 1% amylose. It is preferable when you want rice that sticks and is easier to eat with chopsticks.
Should You Use Jasmine Rice?
Many people prefer Thai jasmine rice over all other types due to its popcorn-like aroma and sweet, slightly nutty flavor. Although jasmine is long-grain rice, it contains less amylose than regular long-grain white rice and is slightly sticky. Basmati rice, which contains a higher percentage of amylose, is a better choice. It is grown in India and Pakistan and also has a distinctive smell and taste. However, it all comes down to personal preference. If you want you can use jasmine rice.
How do I prepare the rice and store it for later?
The amount of water you add while cooking the rice will make all the difference. If you find the fried rice soft enough, try reducing the amount of water used to cook the rice. A typical recipe for cooking long grain white rice uses a ratio of 1 to 1.5, which means that 1 cup of rice should be added to 1 1/2 cup of water.
You can often find fried rice recipes that call for cold cooking, pre-chilled rice, or cooked rest. Ideally, the rice you use to fry rice is cooked at least one day in advance. One day rice is drier and reduces the risk of the dish becoming moist and mushy. But remember to shell the rice before cooling it and store it so it doesn’t harden into a block.
Safe storage and use of leftover rice
However, there are drawbacks to using leftover rice.Bacillus cereus is a spore-forming bacterium that thrives in starchy foods such as potatoes and rice. It grows best in a warm, humid environment, such as a pot full of freshly cooked rice left on the stove. Using leftover rice, it is important that cooked rice is cooled to room temperature and refrigerated within one hour of cooking (if possible) and a maximum of two hours. Use a fork or wet fingers to break up any lumps of rice before cooking again. And remember, according to the Food Standards Agency, cold cooked rice should be eaten within 24 hours to keep it safe.
Healthy recipes made with love
The special Chinese style fried rice is what I said in the title. But let me confess, I don’t use MSG in my fried rice recipe like the real restaurant style fried rice. Why should I? I couldn’t find a big difference between my fried rice recipe and the restaurant version. There will be a difference, but not so much as to add unhealthy MSG to a healthy meal.
When I started cooking on my own, I wanted to make all those delicious and delicious dishes that my amma was preparing. I called her every day (even now I call her every day) for a recipe and made it until it was perfect. Then, when I became familiar with cooking, I started looking for recipes for these dishes that I once only liked in restaurants.
Chinese fried rice was number one on my list. But something stopped me from doing it. Then I completely forgot about this topic. Then, on one of our vacation trips, we stopped for lunch at a Chinese restaurant. The fried rice restaurant awakened my craving for homemade fried rice. As soon as I got home, the first thing I did was try to make great fried rice. Not just fried rice, perfect, but healthy. And that’s how I came up with the special fried rice recipe in Chinese style, the restaurant style.
Here are the things I noticed every time the fried rice was perfect.
- Rice : Every recipe I’ve seen called for overnight rice in the refrigerator. Have you ever wondered what the cause could be? I did it … and I searched. Truly speaking, it’s not a day old rice that we need, we need dry rice. Fresh rice will hold more moisture and be hot. So, whether you’re going to use freshly cooked, hot, or hot rice, you’ll get mushy and clunky fried rice. You don’t want your fried rice to look awkward, right?. So use dry and cold rice. Storing the rice in the refrigerator will dry it out. If you’re going to make fried rice in the evening, cook it in the morning, let it cool, and put it in the refrigerator.
- Oil : Use enough oil for proper frying. I used neutral oil. But you can definitely use sesame oil. The only thing is. I just said a lot of oil, don’t pour it like water.
- Soy sauce : Soy sauce nadaje przyjemny smak i smak smażonemu ryżowi. I don’t know whether they use it in restaurants. But I found it perfectly in my fried rice specialty, almost shop-like. Use a little more sauce.
- Wok : I don’t have a wok. Even so, my fried rice came perfectly. You can use a large skillet which can be overheated (if necessary). I also did it in ceramic pots too. Just keep the heat on medium-high and keep stirring so that the veggies and rice won’t stick to the bottom.
So, that’s it. Now we can prepare our special fried rice
Easy Beef Fried Rice. Loaded with a side steak, white rice, carrots, broccoli and eggs! Much better than going and ready in under 30 minutes!
- Easy Beef Fried Rice
- How to make Beef Fried Rice
- Tips for making The Best Fried Rice
- What to serve with Beef Fried Rice
Easy Beef Fried Rice
Beef Fried Rice is one of my favorite meals. It’s an easy way to use up leftover rice and veggies that you have in the fridge. Best of all this Beef Fried Rice Recipe can be made in under 30 minutes!
I loaded this fried rice with carrots, broccoli, and lots of garlic. The whole thing is fried in a large pan along with the beef and rice. When everything is cooked, I add the sauce: soy sauce, sesame oil and oyster sauce. Solo 3 ingrediants! Here’s what you’ll need to make this beef fried rice:
- Butter: I love using fried rice butter in Chinese beef! In my opinion, this adds a lot more flavor and helps brown the rice. Se preferisci, puoi sempre sostituire qualsiasi other olio da cucina.
- Egg: They are added to proteins. You can skip and substitute tofu if you are allergic to eggs.
- Vegetables: I use carrots, onions, garlic and diced peas. You can use any vegetables you have on hand.
- Rice: I prefer to use long grain white rice or jasmine rice. It is soft and does not lump.
- Soy sauce:I always use low sodium soy sauce, however dark or plain soy sauce can be substituted, just make sure you dilute it a little with water to reduce saltiness.
- Oyster sauce:It is a thick, spicy, slightly sweet and salty sauce that can be found on the international or Asian part of your grocery store.
- Oil sezamowy: It adds a wonderful nutty flavor to this recipe. It’s a bit far!
- To serve:I like to sprinkle fried rice with green onions and sesame seeds for garnish.
How to make Beef Fried Rice
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan. Add the eggs and mix until cooked through. Remove them from the pan and set aside. Add the remaining spoonful of oil to the pan. Add the steak and cook over high heat for 2-3 minutes, until golden and caramelized on the outside. Remove from the pan and set aside. Aggiungere le carote e i broccoli nella padella e friggere finché non saranno teneri per 3-4 minuti. Aggiungere l’aglio e cuocere per un other minuto. Add the cold rice and cook for 3-4 minutes. Rice powinien trochę się zarumienić. Add the eggs and steak to the pan and mix with the soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes to warm up. Serve immediately with sesame seeds for garnish if desired.